Mother Earths most delicious foods.

Living. Loving. Laughing. the natural way.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Food for thought

Wow, after our Christmas festivities, I am well and truly excited to take on our family challenge! I have been thinking a lot about the challenge over the past few days, even stressing over it!!! You see the words "processed food" have been driving me crazy. After many exhaustive searches on the Internet regarding "processed foods" it turns out there are many controversial and different opinions on the subject. Technically speaking "processed food" is any food taken out of its raw and natural state. Hmmm, well this morning I peeled my banana, chopped some pear and scrambled my husband some eggs, I guess I just processed all of our food by the above definition. That just doesn't sit right with me, so I have finally come up with my own definition of what "unprocessed food" means to me -

"Food in its natural raw state or food that has been through a minimal process, using simple steps, for reasons such as making food more digestible or making food that is beneficial to our health i.e yogurt. "

Now I realise that not everyone will sit comfortably with my definition and that's ok too, it's important to define what it means to you and take the pledge on your own terms.

So therefore I will be including things like oats, spelt flour & yogurt along the way. The main thing is we are taking a pledge of health & well being, the purpose is to fill our bodies with the most nourishing and wholesome food and clear right away from artificial preservatives and food that isn't food!!!

Not long to go now... I hope your Christmas was filled with love, laughter and happiness...



Coco enjoying a watermelon, mint & lime juice on Christmas day.



3 comments:

  1. Aimee!! This is amazing - I am so keen to read some of your recipes and hear of all the good things that come along with the health and energy that mother nature will provide =)
    a very happy new year indeed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment, looking forward to reading your blog:)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! This looks like a great challenge, I'm interested to see how you get on. I wonder if the term 'whole foods' sits better with your definition, there are tons of resources on whole foods out there and you might find your search easier using this term. We all know what 'good' food are even if we can't define it, I'm sure it will be a wonderful and health giving journey for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete